The Harvard Business Review recently discussed how a key to being a good leader is self awareness. We love the 5 ways Anthony Tjan, a respected an entrepreneur and principal investor, suggested to become more self aware:
We’ve paired each of Tjan’s suggestions with how Building Talent seeks to cultivate these practices into our talent management services:
- “Meditate” – Think deeply about your LifeWork™
- “Write down your key plans and priorities” – At work, we call these Key Accountabilities when they are clarified in our Selection process
- “Take psychometric tests” – Try one of our FREE assessments in just 8 minutes
- “Ask trusted friends” – Our LifeWork™ Coaching engages people (LifeWork™ partners) in all the spheres of your life you are wanting to integrate
- “Get regular feedback at work” – Benchmarking for performance management is a powerful tool that helps people better understand their company’s needs and culture and how their strengths and values contribute
To begin cultivating your own self awareness, request below a complimentary “Talent Insights Report” to unlock more of the leadership in you.